Want to fight the fat and reveal a leaner physique?
Is NO SECRET for ANYONE!!!!And the tips are the same over and over again!!!If you want a great body, you’re going to have to eat a great diet! No More, no Less!
Don’t think of the changes you’re going to make to what you eat as “going on a diet”. Instead, you are going to be making long-term changes to the way you eat that you can maintain for life…
I have posted a few articles about easy ways to be healthy and loose weight safely…you can browse the previous posts to have a look…in case you can’t be bothered, Have a look below 😉 and remember, you don’t need to wait until Monday or the 1st day of the Month to commit yourself and change your lifestyle.
1. Eliminate sugar – there’s no surprise here – i eliminate sugar from my diet ages ago…the only sugar i consume comes from fruits – and thank’s to that, i was told by my Dr. that my amniotic fluid levels were normal, but a little bit higher than the “normal” levels…i had to reduce drastically my intake of fruits!
Processed sugar offers no nutritional value to your body. It plays havoc with your hormones and ultimately puts you into fat-storing mode. You may get a momentary sugar rush right after eating it, but you’ll start to feel hungry and tired very soon afterwards – that’s why is so important to see the sugar levels in your cereal boxes for example.
2. Replace grains and cereals with vegetables – Cereals, rice, bread, pasta and other foods made with flour like pastry and poor food choices. These are full of the “empty” carbs that caused you to store excess fat on your body. Plus, they make you feel tired and bloated. These foods offer very few useful nutrients and are almost as bad for you as sugar.
Replace them whenever you can with lovely nutrient-rich veggies which will nourish and energize you.
3. Don’t drink your calories – Avoid calorie-laden beverages. They contain all kinds of nasty ingredients and they do not satisfy you the way food does. When your aim is to shed fat, it is much better to get the energy from food.
4. Eat lean protein at EVERY meal – Protein-rich foods are usually very tasty and they help you to feel full and satisfied. Getting enough of this nutrient in your diet is essential to ensure your body will perform at it’s best and recover quickly between exercise sessions for example. Great choices include: oily fish, lean cuts of meat and eggs. If you are not a fan, rely on amazing and powerful Superfoods like Hemp protein, Chia seeds, Chlorella or Moringa to add to your yummy salad or smoothies – Sattva Juicery offers an array of Bottles of Goodness containing this amazing nutrient.
5. Limit dairy – because of all the growth hormones and lactose it contains, which inhibit your fat loss. Try to keep it to a minimum.
6. Go easy on booze – A large glass of beer or wine could well contain the same amount of calories as a piece of cake or a chocolate bar. Yet a lot of people who wouldn’t dream of eating three or four chocolate bars in one sitting regularly down that number of alcoholic drinks in an evening. Learn to think of alcohol in the same way as you’re going to think of cake or chocolate: a small amount occasionally is OK, but several servings on a daily basis will absolutely keep you fat.
7. Get your timing right – You should refuel with a good meal as soon as you can after a workout to get the maximum benefits and ensure you recover well so that you’re ready for your next session. Opinions vary on whether to eat before exercise, so you may want to experiment to discover what’s best for you. However, you should avoid timing a big mead immediately before a workout.
Also, there’s a lot of evidence suggesting that eating late at night is detrimental to fat loss and can disturb sleep – so avoid this at all costs! Follow my lead: brush your teeth, go to bed and look forward to a good breakfast in the morning.
8. Drink Water and Green Tea people – Being in a dehydrated condition saps your energy, makes you think you’re hungry when you aren’t and generally makes you feel like crap. So, drink lots of water.I’m a huge fan of Green tea (sipping some at the moment). It’s great for weight loss because to curbs cravings, suppresses appetite and there is some compelling scientific evidence that it BOOSTS FAT BURNING so sip it up!!
9. Think before you eat – Before you put any food inside your mouth consider how you’ll feel after you eat it..not just while you’re eating it. And ask yourself if you are really hungry. If you are truly hungry you’ll happily chomp through a plate of, steamed fish, green veggies and carrots. If all you want to eat is a bag of crisps or cookies, then what you are experiencing is not real hunger.It’s most likely that it’s your sugar/carb addiction rearing its ugly head. Ignore it and it’ll pass. THE MORE TIMES YOU IGNORE IT, THE EASIER IT WILL GET AND THE LESS OFTEN IT WILL HAPPEN!
As a healthy freak and a conscious eater, i see the importance and the need of explaining terms that we come across every day!We hear about Raw and Living Foods, but do we actually know the meaning of this words and why are they important in our diet?
At Sattva Juicery, we have in our Bottles of Goodness Raw and Living Foods, and that’s why they are considered Raw, Living Cold Pressed Juices..
Eating raw and living foods is essential to our health, since nature provided them with an abundant supply of enzymes to get the job done.
What’s the difference?
Living foods and raw foods both contain numerous enzymes; but in livingfoods, the enzyme content is much higher. For example, raw, unsprouted seeds and nuts contain enzymes in their “dormant” state. To activate the enzymes in seeds and nuts, they must be soaked in water for a period of time. Once the seeds and nuts begin to sprout, the enzymes become “active” and are then considered a “living food.”
Both raw and living foods are not heated . Any food heated over 115 degrees F destroys the enzymes in the food. Actually the degradation of enzymes begins at about 105 degrees F. All foods that are cooked are devoid of enzymes, and the molecular structure of the components of the food changes as well. So to sustain life and get the life-force energy of foods filled with high enzymatic and nutrients activities, one must eat raw foods in combination with living foods.
Why are enzymes important to us?
Enzymes assist in the digestion of food. There are three classes of enzymes:
· Metabolic enzymes, which run our bodies, organs and tissues
· Digestive enzymes, which digest our food
· Food enzymes, from raw food, which start food digestion
Enzymes are important because they assist in the digestion and absorption of food. They are catalysts that allow cells to metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats. They are also responsible for the respiration in cells and converting proteins into usable energy. If you eat food that is void of enzymes, your body will be undernourished and unable to utilize the nutrients from the food. This causes toxicity in the body.
Raw food is filled with multiple enzymes that aid digestion. In fact, the digestion of the carbohydrates, proteins and fats in raw food begins in the mouth at the moment that the plant cell walls are ruptured from mastication, thus releasing the food enzymes within.
Does cooking destroy enzymes?
Yessssss. As hard as it is to hear and accept because we have been cooking for centuries, this process devoids us of precious enzymes that help maintain our health. Disease and cooking originated simultaneously in the world. For instance, animals who only eat raw are healthy because their food intake in the jungle or wilderness is filled with enzymes. We have never heard of an elephant or a lion in the jungle getting a heart attack or suffering from arthritis. Better yet a gorilla getting breast cancer. Our domesticated animals eating processed food or the cooked food we give them are now facing the same disease as we are.
We know that heat destroys enzymes, but another amazing fact is that enzymes work harder at slightly warmer temperatures than they do at cooler ones.
There is a fixed amount of enzyme potential in everyone. The enzyme bank account we are born with diminishes over time if it is not subsidized by incoming enzymes and can also diminish due to different conditions and the lifestyle of the individual. By eating foods with their enzymes intact as in raw and living foods, along with supplementing the cooked food being digested with exogenous food enzymes, we are able to eradicate abnormal and pathological aging.
What are the functions of enzymes in the body?
Life as we know it could not exist without enzymes. We must thoroughly chew our food so that the enzymes are able to fully work and break the food particles down into tiny structures capable of supplying our body with nutrients. Enzymes also aid in making new bone, nerves, muscles and glands. The enzymes work directly with the liver and all the other eliminative organs to store excess food. They are used for every function that goes on in the body. Eating raw and living foods is essential to our health, since nature provided them with an abundant supply of enzymes to get the job done. Last but not least, enzymes also breakdown toxins and waste material for elimination.
Some Important Enzymes
- Amylase: Breaks down carbohydrates in the mouth from starches to simple sugars.
- Hydrochloric acid (HCL): Found in the stomach and mainly responsible for the break down of solid food into a semi-solid liquid called chyme. The chyme then leaves the pylorus area of the stomach and enters the duodenum of the small intestines where more enzymes are released via the pancreas and bile from the gallbladder to further breakdown the molecules. If one drinks while they eat, they will dilute the HCL and enzyme activity, making digestion more difficult and less efficient.
- Trypsin and chymotrypsin: Both from the pancreas, they work together to break down proteins into amino acids.
- Lipase: Also from the pancreas, lipase is an enzyme that converts fats into fatty acids and triglycerides.
I hope this information is helpful to you and encourages you to have at least two thirds of your meals raw or living.
As we are saying Hello to this brand new month, i can’t help but share the latest regarding Sattva news, my Daughter’s 1st day of Nursery and post the latest about the Stay Fit issues that we LOVE so much!!!!
Like i mentioned before, it has been intensive months and i just love the adrenaline!And September will be no exception.
- We have the Launch of our beautiful Bottles of Goodness – Sattva Juicery – soon you will be able to see the bottles rolling in the city, we can’t wait for it!!!!At the same time, the website is being built. Everything is ready, we are just missing a few details…And because we want perfection, we are keeping it to us for a few more days!!!!We are so proud to be Macau’s first ever Cold Pressed Juicery with a Made in Macau label…we are looking so much forward seeing our amazing products in the City…A dream come true for both my partnerand I.Stay tuned for more news through here and through our instagram account: @sattvajuicery
- On the 11th of this Month, my Baby Sienna is starting her 1st day of Nursery!!!OMG!!!ALREADY?!?!SERIOUSLY?!Time is flying!!!!I can’t hide my anxiety!!!Been feeling excited, happy but nervous at the same time!!!Such a bitter sweet feeling!I know i’m not the only one with this feeling…I won’t be the 1st and last either, but i can’t help it….Would love to hear about your experience, how did you feel?Was there too much crying?Did you have to pick up your child earlier?
- As a Fitness Freak – even when 30 weeks pregnant – there’s nothing i love more than stay fit and active! Everyday I read write and learn about Staying Fit in a Holistic and Healthy way of course…in this month i will be targeting the Anti-Ageing Issues and preparing our bodies for the Winter!!!!I got a lot of stories, inspiration and ideas to report to you guys!!!!
That’s the plan for September. I am sure i can keep the promise unless i go in labour before Due Date!!Nahhhh that’s not before November 14th…if according to the plan!!Let’s see
Is September 3rd in this side of the World. I meant to write this post before the beginning of the month but been so busy with the Sattva Launch!Extremely busy and beautiful Summer days in Macau…i am ashamed to say that i just went to the pool once or twice this summer!Probably a record!!!I just had no time!!!
September is here, and i can’t wait to see what this month has in store for us!
First things first:
Sapphires are the September birthstone which are reputed to help with health problems such as fevers and inflammations.
The Colors of Sapphires
Sapphires come in a wide range of natural colors and shades. They are available in every color but red. Sapphires in colors other than blue are often referred to as fancy sapphires. The most valuable sapphires have a medium intense, vivid blue color. Black, gray, or green overtones mixed in with the blue will reduce a stone’s value. A more pastel blue would be less preferred than a vivid blue but would still be priced higher than an over dark blackish blue color. Color is mainly caused by the gemstone’s selective absorption of certain wavelengths of light called the body color.
In gemstones, color consists of three components:
Hue – the first impression of the color
Tone – the lightness or darkness of color ranging from light to medium to dark
Saturation – the intensity of a gemstone’s color which is measured from dull to strong to vivid
Types and Colors of Sapphires
Pink Sapphires – A pink-orange sapphire is known as padparadscha
Yellow Sapphires – A Yellow sapphire has a trace of iron that gives it the yellow color
Blue Sapphires – Fine blue sapphire can be described as a vivid medium dark violet to purplish blue where the primary blue hue is at least 85% and the secondary hue no more than 15%
White Sapphires – A colorless or white sapphire are sometimes used as diamond substitutes in jewelry
Green Sapphires – A green sapphire has a trace of iron that gives it the yellow color
Red Sapphires – A sapphire is any color of corundum except red, red corundum known as ruby
Star Sapphires – A star sapphire exhibits a star-like phenomenon known as asterism
Birthstone Facts and Information about Sapphires
The following list provides Birthstone facts and information about the Sapphire:
The Sapphire is the birthstone of the month of September
Sapphires are also the Wedding anniversary gemstone for the 45th year of marriage
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Virgo dates: August 23 – September 22
Virgo – The Sixth Sign of the Zodiac: The sign of the Virgin
Ruling Planet of Virgo: Mercury
Alternate Birthstones of Virgo : Carnelian, Zircon, Sardonyx, Peridots and Agate
The meaning of the September Birth Flower, the Aster is Love, Faith, Elegance, Refinement, Wisdom and symbolizes Valor.
The hidden message of the Birth Flower, the aster, so favored during the Victorian era was “Take care of yourself for me”.
Colors of this Beautiful Flower:
Aster would give a beautiful and rustic Baby Girl name in my opinion…Might have a look at November Birth Flower to get inspired for my little One that has no name yet!!!
Stay tuned for the September Agenda in the next post.
Have a lovely day and hope you started well this month of September