Vegan Coconut Yogurt
Looking for a dairy free, raw vegan alternative to yogurts that you can dress up as fancy parfaits or eat with fresh fruit? Try making your own instead of purchasing the store bought yogurts. I know there are some coconut and almond yogurts on the shelves now but even those contain additives which aren’t necessary to consume. Aside from the waiting process, the yogurt itself only really takes 10 minutes to make including clean up if you’re fast.
- Flesh of 2 young Thai coconuts (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 teaspoons coconut or agave nectar
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend till totally smooth and creamy (2-3 minutes in a blender; the food processor may take a little longer).
- Enjoy with fresh berries, fruit of choice or sprinkle some Satta Juicery's RawNolas instead.
- This is a shortcut version of coconut yogurt. It’s not fermented, so it isn’t bursting with all of those friendly bugs we love , but it’s quick, easy, and incredibly delicious.