Raw Vegan Cacao Energy Bars
It doesn’t come as a surprise that we need healthy snacks at home. Both Hubby and I workout everyday, we need energy to take care our sweetie pies and keep it up with their pace plus we need the focus to do our job.
With all these demands, i am dedicating every Sunday to develop and try new recipes. For 5 Sundays in a row i’ve been working around guilt free desserts and snacks…Some turned out pretty impressive, others not so….One of the best parts of cooking and specially on Sundays is that Sienna can help…”Mommy, Sienna help” she repeats over and over. It is so important to involve your kids in everything you do and specially when cooking healthy foods…
These convenient nutrition of these yummy bars has made a staple in my kitchen…It’s definitely the best grab-and-go snack. You can enjoy it as a mid morning or afternoon snack, or as a dessert too. Needless to say that in 15 minutes you have your end result before you. You just need to add 30min + for refrigeration.
Pair it with your favourite Sattva Juiery Cold Pressed Juice and make it THE snack!!!
- 15 soft Medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 6 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp raw nuts/seeds
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/2 tsp cold water - just in case you need
- Grind all ingredients together in the food processor except for the last 2 tbsp raw nuts/seeds and the 1/4 cup of raisins, until a coarse dough has formed.
- Stop the machine and check the consistency (need to stick together easily - otherwise will crumble).
- Add a tiny amount of water if the dough is too dry.
- Blend again until the desired sickness is achieved.
- Add the last 2 tbsp raw nuts/seeds and dried fruits and pulse several times until just coarsely chopped
- Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on a flat surface and spill out the dough on top.
- Gather into a solid mass in the centre then use the sides of the plastic to wrap over the dough really tight.Press, pound and shape it into a rectangle aprox. 1 inch
- Place bar in the freezer for 30min before cutting