12 tricks for Radiant Beauty…
Keeping your youthful looks is easy when you know how. From brain training and clever make-up application to eating mindfully and upping your collagen, these 12 quick tips will keep you on track baby.
1.Eat mindfully. Its’s not new that as we age, our metabolism slows down – which is why you can pile on the pounds more easily. The simplest way to weight management is to stop eat mindlessly. How: Turn off the TV, computer and mobile phone and put away books or magazines – when eating, just eat and pay attention to what you are eating, how much and how. Don’t overeat. Hear when your body is full and learn how to differentiate between emotional eating and true hunger. This is a great lesson for your kids too.
2. Stay Sharp. Improve your memory , speed, reaction times and other cognitive abilities with 5 minutes of online gaming. The games are fun and engaging such as matching colors and shapes and moving things around the screen.
3.Find a good face cream. As we ALL know, a good moisturiser should hydrate, nourish and protect your skin from environmental damage. Organic, Natural or botanical-packed face creams can be just as high-performing as synthetic alternatives. Weleda and Avène are two of my favourite brands
4.Drink yourself Beautiful. Collagen occurs naturally in our bodies and helps keep skin looking plump and youthful. Liquid supplements containing collagen are said to help hydrate skin , keeping it looking healthier and can be a more efficient way of ingesting the ingredients as absorption relies less on the gut as nutrients are assimilated more quickly into the bloodstreem.
5.Supplement your skin too. If you’re thinking of taking supplements, look out for these nutrients:
Vitamin B’s: these help metabolise proteins and fats and are essential for cell renewal and supple skin. Eat: Green leafy veggies and watercress
Vitamin C: an antioxidant used by your body for tissue repair and skin-firming collagen formation. Eat: Kale
Probiotics: a healthy gut equals healthy skin, so feed yours with these healthy bacterias. Eat: sourdough bread (contains lactobacillus that produces lactic acid = aids digestion), fermented foods like kefir yoghurt and sauerkraut
Vitamin E: an essential antioxidant and protector for skin. Eat: Sunflower seeds, almonds and spinach
Omega 3: proven to help reduce the body’s production of inflammatory compounds and keep skin cells flexible. Eat: 2 servings of yummy salmon, halibut, sardines or anchovies a week.
Deep inside the gut is where real ageing begins
6. Try the make-up face lift. You can lift away the years with a fresher make-up look. Try the following:
To plump:layer your skin to give a plumped-up, cushiony look to skin.Tap a small amount of day oil onto your face, avoiding the T-zone and follow by softly massaging in a pea-sized amount a day cream. Massage as you go.
To Brighten: Bright eyes are a sign of youth, so why not give yourself an instant boost by lightening and correcting under the eyes. How? Mix your concealer or foundation with a dab of day cream to soften the formula and avoid caking around the eyes.
Pop: Dust blush onto the apples of your cheeks. How: To create a “younger” appearance, dust the same blusher you use on your cheeks to just under the eye brow in your socket of your eyelid.
7. Get some light. Swap your subbed for a lighted. Light therapy facials are now a popular alternative to more invasive treatments. UV-free, LED light is claimed to repair and rejuvenate the skin and boost your mood.
8. Deepen your sleep. Sleep pushes premature ageing back. Overnight is when the body produces the most growth hormones, which aid cell and tissue repair. For long restful sleep, avoid consuming heavy rich foods at least two hours before bed, unwind with a relaxing bath and out a few drops of soothing essential oils on your pillow. If you have babies at home like myself, the trick is to go to bed if not at the same time, at least 45 minutes after put the kids in bed.I know that i will have at least 6 to 6.30hours on non-interrupted sleep (from 8pm to 2.30am – when Maya wakes up for her sleep feed). Then i sleep another 4 hours until Maya wakes up for the day…Some nights are better then others, but i try to stick to this routine as much as possible.
9. Check your DNA. Matching your skincare to your genetics might sound too sci-fi but this is no futuristic fantasy. DNA profiling your skin is said to identify what predispositions are present in skin, such as whether it’s susceptible to faster or slower breakdown of collagen. Then, the appropriate skincare with the right ingredients mix and concentration is prescribed.
10. Do Yoga for your age. Traditional Yoga prescribes different practices to keep you at your best in different stages of life. In your twenties, for example, your body naturally demands a physical, dynamic and fast-flowing practice to loosen the body and help you burn off adrenal glands, which will simply get you fired up and may not complement an already demanding schedule. You still want a strong practice, but one that helps to balance and maintain your wellness. By choosing a slower practice and changing the focus from doing to being, you may feel some of yoga’s profound benefits as it starts to work on a parasympathetic level.
Tune in to your breath and how your body is breathing and you’ll start to feel more grounded, while awareness areas of the brain light up, heart rate goes down, brain activity gets quieter and emotions are more balanced.
Over time, this means less of the stress hormone cortisol, which can accelerate ageing, and you may even find challenges in daily life easier to manage.
11. Halt hair ageing. Greys, dryness and lack of shine can all mean your hair is struggling with AGE. Please invest in a good shampoo like herb ones, Oils silicone-free to smooth end and add shine. These oils, will nourish hair, seal ends and de-frizz. Choose those with plant extracts and natural oils only.
12. Sculpt your face. If you buy one thing to enhance your graceful-ageing efforts, make it the Lift&Sculpt Butterfly Stone – you can order online. By using the contours of the rose quartz stone, you can massage and sculpt your jawline and cheek, drain away puffiness from under your eyes, lift eyebrows and help smooth away fine lines and wrinkles – WOW. It’s natural, simple and you can see the effects instantly. This product is LOVED by A Listers including Jennifer Aniston and Linda Evangelista. Its the most natural and easiest tool to use and was created by Georgia Louise.
Please start today!