Get a Glow People!!!
It’s time tp get your blood circulating and boost your body for Spring with this revitalising posture
Forward Bend or Uttanasana with Clasped hands
How to do it:
- Stand with your legs wide and toes turned in
- Interlace your hands behind your back with arms straight.
- Exhale: bend forward from your hip joints and lengthen through the front of your torso
- With straight knees, bring your hands towards the floor behind your back, while pressing your heels firmly onto the floor.
- With each inhalation in the pose, lift and lengthen the front of your torso just slightly; and with each exhalation release a little more fully into the forward bend.
- Let your head hang from the root of your neck and stay in the pose for 30 sec to 1 minute.
- Take a deep breath before bringing your hands back onto your hips and pressing your tailbone down and into the pelvis.
- Stand up very slowly. Vertebrae by vertebrae. Head should be the last – to avoid dizziness
- Repeat at least 4 times.
This is one of my fav. postures. This calming posture helps lengthen hamstrings, calves, gluten and spine and strengthens your inner legs and knees. It stimulates blood flow and digestion and reduces fatigue.
Like the prayer hands variation, this pose is going to help you open up all the muscles in your shoulders, as well as creating openness and space in your chest. I love this pose because it also works to open up the biceps and forearms—muscles we tend to forget about when we are stretching.