Happy Healthy Monday Everybody!!!!
Wow what an eventful Week and Weekend!!!
Can you believe it has been 2.5 since we welcomed 2016? We already said goodbye to the Winter and are just welcoming Spring…and because everything flies – not just the time – i decided to dedicate this Monday post to AGING!!
But what is Aging after all?!? In the broadest sense, aging reflects all the changes that occur over the course of life. You grow. You develop. You reach maturity. By middle age, another candle seems to fill up the top of the birthday cake. It’s hard not to notice some harmless cosmetic changes like gray hair and wrinkles. Middle age also is the time when people begin to notice a fair amount of physical decline. Even the most athletically fit cannot escape these changes. Everything ages….and you can’t escape to this…What you can do tho is reverse the ageing process – naturally.
Are you suffering from premature thin hair, fine lines, dry hands, and other sure signs of aging?
Discover five all-natural, expert-endorsed ways to reverse aging symptoms yourself, using products you already have around the house and other simple hacks. There are plenty of DIY methods to naturally reverse aging indicators and appear younger. Yeyyyyy!!!!!
Remember, a healthy, active lifestyle is the most important action you can take on a daily basis to appear younger.Reducing stress, moving on a regular basis, and eating a well-balanced diet are some of the most powerful ways to appear years younger on the inside and out.
1. Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles. In many cases, fine lines aren’t just caused by sun exposure, a poor diet, or genetics. According to Dermatologist Dr. Nicholas Perricone, wrinkles can be a sign of prolonged exhaustion. A lack of sleep produces an excess of the hormone cortisol, which can cause belly fat and break down skin cells. Commit to getting 8 hours of solid rest on a daily basis and reduce your cortisol levels, which will help restore the youthful appearance of your skin. Make sure you are also drinking enough water to both avoid dehydration and improve the skin’s appearance.
2. Combat Thinning Hair. Many women’s hair naturally thins as they get older. According to Dr. Robert Leonard, around 50 percent of women have noticeably thinner hair by the age of 50. Genetics is a primary driver, but excessive chemical processing, overzealous brushing and hormone imbalances can also make your hair appear older. A scalp massage can increase blood flow, which may temporarily cause an infusion of nutrients to your hair follicles. The technique is used in cultures worldwide to maintain hair health, and it can be performed daily.
To increase blood flow, the next time you shampoo your hair in the shower, simply gently massage your entire head with coconut oil or olive oil for a few minutes before you turn the water on.
While this hack can be performed anywhere, you’ll probably prefer to shower out the oil immediately. A healthy diet and supplementation regimen that includes leafy greens, iron, biotin, and zinc can also improve your hair’s health.
3. Reduce Eye Redness. Bloodshot eyes can be caused from long hours of electronics usage, allergies, or a poor diet. According to Nutritionist Kimberly Snyder, a diet high in inflammatory foods can cause your eyes to appear red. To reduce this and other potential signs of inflammation, eat a diet that’s high in antioxidants. Make sure you include A these antioxidant-rich foods in your diet: Sweet Potatoes, Almonds and Walnuts, Cucumbers and Garlic.
4. Moisturise Dry Hands. Many women invest in high-quality moisturizers for their face, under their eyes, and for their neck, but women often forget to invest in a quality hand moisturizer. According to Dermatologic Surgeon Dr. Eric Bernstein, the skin on the hands is particularly delicate. Aging can manifest quickly in the form of thin-looking skin, dark spots, and highly visible veins. Dr. Bernstein recommends:
investing in a high-quality hand lotion and making a commitment to applying it daily.
If you hate the feeling of “slimy” hands, apply hand lotion before you go to bed instead of during the day.
5. Whiten Dark Teeth. Yellow teeth can make you appear older and less healthy. A vibrant, healthy smile can be the most appealing and noticeable part of your face. At-home teeth bleaching kits can actually be a risky choice to reverse aging symptoms in your mouth. Dentist Jaklin Bezik writes that home bleaching kits can erode your teeth enamel and irritate your gums, which can cause discomfort and even damage to your mouth.
I have learn in one of my Yoga and Wellness workshops in Hong Kong that oil pulling – as an all-natural way to whiten your smile, that daily oil pulling (an ancient Ayurvedic practice that reportedly removes toxins and bacteria) can have a noticeable impact on oral health. Try swishing cold pressed coconut oil or another all-natural oil like sesame oil in your mouth for 20 minutes a day. Aim for 5 minutes first and then work upward. Just remember NOT to swallow the oil guys ;))
If you’ve noticed drastic changes in your skin, hair, or oral health, it’s always wise to consult with your physician. Sudden changes and signs of premature aging can be symptoms of underlying health conditions. However, if you’re healthy, DIY beauty practices, regular exercise, and a good diet can make you appear years younger than your true age.
Take good care of yourself