Chia pudding is SO easy to make, it literally comes together in minutes. I prefer it once it has set overnight in the fridge but you don’t have to wait that long (that’s why i have put 4 – 12 h in the cook time bracket) . Chia seeds are packed with fiber, essential fats, and calcium to boot!
Mango is one of my favorite fruits and absolutely easy to find here in Hong Kong and Macau – in fact – Southeast Asia. It’s high in sugar, like most fruit from the tropics and has many nutritional benefits. Mango is great for the skin as it is loaded with antioxidants. It also fights breast and colon cancers and has vision protecting properties.
- 2 sweet and juicy mangoes
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of raw nuts and seeds
- Start blending the mango until you have a thick sauce.
- Pour the mango sauce evenly into 2 glasses or bowls. Set in the fridge.
- Blend the coconut milk and two dates until smooth.
- Pour the sweetened milk into a small mixing bowl.
- Stir the milk, chia seeds, and vanilla until it becomes a thick pudding. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes then let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Pour the chia mixture on top of the mango sauce in even portions.
- Allow to set overnight.
- Be sure to cover if you are storing over 1 day, it lasts 4 days in the fridge, covered.
- Serve with chopped nuts.
- If you have difficulty with tropical fruits like Mango, you can substitute with a fruit of your choice in this recipe. Fresh or frozen will work here. The consistency should be like a thick smoothie.
- If there is too much liquid in the mango portion it will not set up at all. If you are having issues add 1/4 cup of raw coconut meat, that should for sure make it set up and I’ve made it like that many times.
OMG 15 days have passed since we have welcomed 2017 and yes, It has been ages since my last post, I am well aware…since March last year to be more precise (WOWWW)…. However…However… this is not without good reason. And in this instance that reason takes the unmistakable shape of Relocation with pretty much brand new everything! Brand new location, brand new flat, brand new routines, schools for the girls, brand new community, new friendships, new neighbours and everything else you can imagine. After five years of living in our beloved Apartment in Taipa and after counting endless months (more than a handle ;)) in Macau, we upped sticks to the sticks…. well to not that far…to our dear neighbour –> Hong Kong… But more about that later, Now we focus on keep going into 2017 right, we focus on keep rolling with the Resolutions, we focus on keep going recharged, rejuvenated and absolutely ready to embrace this brand new chapter of 365 pages.
The new year is the perfect time for a clean start and a new outlook on what you want to achieve this year. Whether is boosting your endurance, getting into shape or simply make more time for yourself, consider this a chance to make your brightest dreams a reality. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the past and to challenge yourself to new begginings. This is the time to Dream Big – and start the change NOW – and you don’t need to relocate like I did.
Want to clean up your diet and choose healthy foods that will also help you to drop the unwanted kgs? Conquer the clutter; over scheduling (yep, I know!!), and other unwanted obstacles that often stand in your way? Whatever your hopes and wishes are for the coming year, use the turning of the calendar to put them into action.
It all starts with you and Don’t wait for a Monday or the 1st of the Next Month. Start Now!!!
If you are new to fitness or coming back after a long layoff – it happens to all of us – turn to my special “Beginners Fitness guide for Women” which includes comprehensive workouts and an easy and affordable diet plan that you can follow. You will also find easy and yummy pre-post/post-workout snacks in our recipe menu and don’t forget to share/tag your New-Year New-You goals and accomplishments with our brand new #thebodybymari on Instagram.
Happy and Healthy New Year Everyone