Keeping your youthful looks is easy when you know how. From brain training and clever make-up application to eating mindfully and upping your collagen, these 12 quick tips will keep you on track baby.
1.Eat mindfully. Its’s not new that as we age, our metabolism slows down – which is why you can pile on the pounds more easily. The simplest way to weight management is to stop eat mindlessly. How: Turn off the TV, computer and mobile phone and put away books or magazines – when eating, just eat and pay attention to what you are eating, how much and how. Don’t overeat. Hear when your body is full and learn how to differentiate between emotional eating and true hunger. This is a great lesson for your kids too.
2. Stay Sharp. Improve your memory , speed, reaction times and other cognitive abilities with 5 minutes of online gaming. The games are fun and engaging such as matching colors and shapes and moving things around the screen.
3.Find a good face cream. As we ALL know, a good moisturiser should hydrate, nourish and protect your skin from environmental damage. Organic, Natural or botanical-packed face creams can be just as high-performing as synthetic alternatives. Weleda and Avène are two of my favourite brands
4.Drink yourself Beautiful. Collagen occurs naturally in our bodies and helps keep skin looking plump and youthful. Liquid supplements containing collagen are said to help hydrate skin , keeping it looking healthier and can be a more efficient way of ingesting the ingredients as absorption relies less on the gut as nutrients are assimilated more quickly into the bloodstreem.
5.Supplement your skin too. If you’re thinking of taking supplements, look out for these nutrients:
Vitamin B’s: these help metabolise proteins and fats and are essential for cell renewal and supple skin. Eat: Green leafy veggies and watercress
Vitamin C: an antioxidant used by your body for tissue repair and skin-firming collagen formation. Eat: Kale
Probiotics: a healthy gut equals healthy skin, so feed yours with these healthy bacterias. Eat: sourdough bread (contains lactobacillus that produces lactic acid = aids digestion), fermented foods like kefir yoghurt and sauerkraut
Vitamin E: an essential antioxidant and protector for skin. Eat: Sunflower seeds, almonds and spinach
Omega 3: proven to help reduce the body’s production of inflammatory compounds and keep skin cells flexible. Eat: 2 servings of yummy salmon, halibut, sardines or anchovies a week.
Deep inside the gut is where real ageing begins
6. Try the make-up face lift. You can lift away the years with a fresher make-up look. Try the following:
To plump:layer your skin to give a plumped-up, cushiony look to skin.Tap a small amount of day oil onto your face, avoiding the T-zone and follow by softly massaging in a pea-sized amount a day cream. Massage as you go.
To Brighten: Bright eyes are a sign of youth, so why not give yourself an instant boost by lightening and correcting under the eyes. How? Mix your concealer or foundation with a dab of day cream to soften the formula and avoid caking around the eyes.
Pop: Dust blush onto the apples of your cheeks. How: To create a “younger” appearance, dust the same blusher you use on your cheeks to just under the eye brow in your socket of your eyelid.
7. Get some light. Swap your subbed for a lighted. Light therapy facials are now a popular alternative to more invasive treatments. UV-free, LED light is claimed to repair and rejuvenate the skin and boost your mood.
8. Deepen your sleep. Sleep pushes premature ageing back. Overnight is when the body produces the most growth hormones, which aid cell and tissue repair. For long restful sleep, avoid consuming heavy rich foods at least two hours before bed, unwind with a relaxing bath and out a few drops of soothing essential oils on your pillow. If you have babies at home like myself, the trick is to go to bed if not at the same time, at least 45 minutes after put the kids in bed.I know that i will have at least 6 to 6.30hours on non-interrupted sleep (from 8pm to 2.30am – when Maya wakes up for her sleep feed). Then i sleep another 4 hours until Maya wakes up for the day…Some nights are better then others, but i try to stick to this routine as much as possible.
9. Check your DNA. Matching your skincare to your genetics might sound too sci-fi but this is no futuristic fantasy. DNA profiling your skin is said to identify what predispositions are present in skin, such as whether it’s susceptible to faster or slower breakdown of collagen. Then, the appropriate skincare with the right ingredients mix and concentration is prescribed.
10. Do Yoga for your age. Traditional Yoga prescribes different practices to keep you at your best in different stages of life. In your twenties, for example, your body naturally demands a physical, dynamic and fast-flowing practice to loosen the body and help you burn off adrenal glands, which will simply get you fired up and may not complement an already demanding schedule. You still want a strong practice, but one that helps to balance and maintain your wellness. By choosing a slower practice and changing the focus from doing to being, you may feel some of yoga’s profound benefits as it starts to work on a parasympathetic level.
Tune in to your breath and how your body is breathing and you’ll start to feel more grounded, while awareness areas of the brain light up, heart rate goes down, brain activity gets quieter and emotions are more balanced.
Over time, this means less of the stress hormone cortisol, which can accelerate ageing, and you may even find challenges in daily life easier to manage.
11. Halt hair ageing. Greys, dryness and lack of shine can all mean your hair is struggling with AGE. Please invest in a good shampoo like herb ones, Oils silicone-free to smooth end and add shine. These oils, will nourish hair, seal ends and de-frizz. Choose those with plant extracts and natural oils only.
12. Sculpt your face. If you buy one thing to enhance your graceful-ageing efforts, make it the Lift&Sculpt Butterfly Stone – you can order online. By using the contours of the rose quartz stone, you can massage and sculpt your jawline and cheek, drain away puffiness from under your eyes, lift eyebrows and help smooth away fine lines and wrinkles – WOW. It’s natural, simple and you can see the effects instantly. This product is LOVED by A Listers including Jennifer Aniston and Linda Evangelista. Its the most natural and easiest tool to use and was created by Georgia Louise.
Please start today!
When you are newly expecting and starting to contemplate what you will look like in maternity clothes, you’ll inevitably start seeing heavily pregnant women in dungarees, duck-patterned huge shirts, and unflattering training pants all around. Does pregnancy mean that you are convicted to looking ridiculous as soon as you start “showing”? Will you have to say goodbye to your fashion sense and accept your destiny of looking horrible? Not at all! You may have to be a bit more creative to look great in pregnancy, though.
Here are five tips that will help you get through your pregnancy fashionably.
1. Waist-expanders and belly bands are great!
In the early stages of pregnancy, and perhaps even beyond, waist-expanders are your friend. They will allow you to keep wearing your pre-pregnancy clothes much longer. Once your shirts are getting too short, another great accessory is the belly band. They come in many different colors and with prints as well, and they allow you to wear your regular shirts without having a bare belly. You can wear them under or over shirts.
2. Invest in fewer quality pieces
Maternity clothes can be very nice, but the more high-end items tend to be pricey. Remember that pregnancy only lasts nine months, and that you will be wearing maternity clothes of less than that. You can get away with having three pants, a skirt, a dress, five shirts and jacket or two just fine, as long as the clothes you have are nice and of good quality.
3. Buy online
Online maternity stores offer a lot more variety. Whether you are after a gothic look or need professional maternity wear for at work, you will find it online, and for less money than in maternity boutiques. Online discussion forums for pregnant women often have great tips about online shops for maternity wear.
4. Tunics and A-line dresses can be your new best friends
Some of the non-maternity tunics and short, A-line dresses that I bought during my last pregnancy three years ago are still favorites in my wardrobe. These flexible pieces can help you look great while you are suffering from pregnancy signs and symptoms, and will even hide your postpartum belly after you give birth. You can wear short dresses with pants while you are expecting, and return them to regular dress duty once you give birth.
Are you a shopaholic? You may be better off investing money in great accessories that you will be able to use after pregnancy too, while keeping your maternity wardrobe relatively simple. Bags, scarves, and shoes, won’t be too big for you once you have your baby. Mind you, some women actually go up one shoe size after a pregnancy, so that is something you should keep in mind.
When you’re expecting, there are tons of things you need to shop for — those little babies require plenty of stuff! But what about you? With a growing belly come swollen feet, nausea, and cravings…it doesn’t seem to get any better, specially at the very end of your 40 week’s Journey. Here’s a list of stuff especially for you when you’re pregnant. Life savers for me…have a look.
1 – Bella Band: “When you first start showing, maternity pants are too big and your regular pants are too tight. Slip on the Bella Band, and you can leave your pants unbuttoned and no one knows!”
2 – Pregnancy Pillow: Pregnancy can bring with it a variety of aches and pains, as well as considerable challenges for comfortably sleeping through the night,Not every pregnancy pillow is of the same quality, materials, and design. Pillows can be manufactured with different purposes in mind. You can buy a pillow according to your specific needs, depending on what causes you discomfort. Buy a pregnancy pillow carefully to make sure you get your money’s worth and solve your sleeping ails.
3 – For sensitive lips like mine, i invested in a good lip balm to hydrate my dry lips.
4 – Keeping your Skin Healthy and Hydrated: During pregnancy, skin can become drier, duller and even dotted with blemishes due to hormonal changes. Adapt your daily skin care routine to address these new concerns.
DRY SKIN: complement your beauty routine with a moisturising mask.
DULL COMPLEXION: treat your skin to a course of vitamins by applying a facial oil at night before you go to sleep.
BLEMISHES: exfoliate regularly, use targeted products and above all, don’t touch the affected areas of your skin.I won’t betray my Origins for any other brand.
5 – Stretch Marks: In cases of rapid weight gain, unsightly purplish-pink lines may appear on the stomach, hips, breasts and the backs of arms; anywhere where the skin is overstretched. These are, of course, stretch marks. To minimize and prevent their formation:1
Strive to keep it balanced. Reasonable and steady weight gain over the months you are pregnant is advised.
Boost your skin’s resistance by applying a cream or nourishing oil daily. Pay particular attention to the breast, stomach and hip areas. From the six-month stage onwards, apply both morning and evening.
6 – Good Books. I have been reading “Magical Beginnings, Enchanted Lives” by the Guru Depaak Chopra
7 – Good Playlist in your ipod and Amazing TV series
8- Cloth that are proper for your pregnant body complemented with fantastic accessories. Not to mention the comfy shoes.
9 – Like the rest of your body, your breasts are changing too, becoming bigger and more sensitive to the touch. Chalk up this metamorphosis to hormonal shifts, weight gain, an expanding rib cage, and, later in pregnancy, mammary glands that are preparing to make milk for your baby.While it may be tempting to make do with the bras you have (think of the savings!), it’s best to invest in a few good bras. Your growing breasts are heavier – the developing glandular tissues can add on a few ounces per breast, at least – and deserve some comfy support.
10 – BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today is the most comprehensive daily pregnancy app from the world’s most trusted pregnancy and parenting resource. Simply enter your baby’s due date, and BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today turns your phone into an expert guide for each day of your pregnancy. Feel more prepared for your baby’s birth and get the answers you need, whenever you need them.
11 – Pampering time – Please don’t forget about this. Unwind with Spa Massages, Facials, Waxes, Mani and Pedi, get your hair cut…don’t get sluggish and lazy…you need to take care of yourself and keep the standards up high for hubby hey 😉
12 – Date Night – it’s as important as bonding with your Baby. Keep the tight strong with your partner!!!!And put on your sexy heels and tight dress to show off your Mommy Curves!
13 – Herbal Teas
14 – Sattva Juicery Juices and Smoothies!!!!
15 – Good and Healthy Snacks, rich in good fats like Walnuts and Almonds