Keeping your youthful looks is easy when you know how. From brain training and clever make-up application to eating mindfully and upping your collagen, these 12 quick tips will keep you on track baby.
1.Eat mindfully. Its’s not new that as we age, our metabolism slows down – which is why you can pile on the pounds more easily. The simplest way to weight management is to stop eat mindlessly. How: Turn off the TV, computer and mobile phone and put away books or magazines – when eating, just eat and pay attention to what you are eating, how much and how. Don’t overeat. Hear when your body is full and learn how to differentiate between emotional eating and true hunger. This is a great lesson for your kids too.
2. Stay Sharp. Improve your memory , speed, reaction times and other cognitive abilities with 5 minutes of online gaming. The games are fun and engaging such as matching colors and shapes and moving things around the screen.
3.Find a good face cream. As we ALL know, a good moisturiser should hydrate, nourish and protect your skin from environmental damage. Organic, Natural or botanical-packed face creams can be just as high-performing as synthetic alternatives. Weleda and Avène are two of my favourite brands
4.Drink yourself Beautiful. Collagen occurs naturally in our bodies and helps keep skin looking plump and youthful. Liquid supplements containing collagen are said to help hydrate skin , keeping it looking healthier and can be a more efficient way of ingesting the ingredients as absorption relies less on the gut as nutrients are assimilated more quickly into the bloodstreem.
5.Supplement your skin too. If you’re thinking of taking supplements, look out for these nutrients:
Vitamin B’s: these help metabolise proteins and fats and are essential for cell renewal and supple skin. Eat: Green leafy veggies and watercress
Vitamin C: an antioxidant used by your body for tissue repair and skin-firming collagen formation. Eat: Kale
Probiotics: a healthy gut equals healthy skin, so feed yours with these healthy bacterias. Eat: sourdough bread (contains lactobacillus that produces lactic acid = aids digestion), fermented foods like kefir yoghurt and sauerkraut
Vitamin E: an essential antioxidant and protector for skin. Eat: Sunflower seeds, almonds and spinach
Omega 3: proven to help reduce the body’s production of inflammatory compounds and keep skin cells flexible. Eat: 2 servings of yummy salmon, halibut, sardines or anchovies a week.
Deep inside the gut is where real ageing begins
6. Try the make-up face lift. You can lift away the years with a fresher make-up look. Try the following:
To plump:layer your skin to give a plumped-up, cushiony look to skin.Tap a small amount of day oil onto your face, avoiding the T-zone and follow by softly massaging in a pea-sized amount a day cream. Massage as you go.
To Brighten: Bright eyes are a sign of youth, so why not give yourself an instant boost by lightening and correcting under the eyes. How? Mix your concealer or foundation with a dab of day cream to soften the formula and avoid caking around the eyes.
Pop: Dust blush onto the apples of your cheeks. How: To create a “younger” appearance, dust the same blusher you use on your cheeks to just under the eye brow in your socket of your eyelid.
7. Get some light. Swap your subbed for a lighted. Light therapy facials are now a popular alternative to more invasive treatments. UV-free, LED light is claimed to repair and rejuvenate the skin and boost your mood.
8. Deepen your sleep. Sleep pushes premature ageing back. Overnight is when the body produces the most growth hormones, which aid cell and tissue repair. For long restful sleep, avoid consuming heavy rich foods at least two hours before bed, unwind with a relaxing bath and out a few drops of soothing essential oils on your pillow. If you have babies at home like myself, the trick is to go to bed if not at the same time, at least 45 minutes after put the kids in bed.I know that i will have at least 6 to 6.30hours on non-interrupted sleep (from 8pm to 2.30am – when Maya wakes up for her sleep feed). Then i sleep another 4 hours until Maya wakes up for the day…Some nights are better then others, but i try to stick to this routine as much as possible.
9. Check your DNA. Matching your skincare to your genetics might sound too sci-fi but this is no futuristic fantasy. DNA profiling your skin is said to identify what predispositions are present in skin, such as whether it’s susceptible to faster or slower breakdown of collagen. Then, the appropriate skincare with the right ingredients mix and concentration is prescribed.
10. Do Yoga for your age. Traditional Yoga prescribes different practices to keep you at your best in different stages of life. In your twenties, for example, your body naturally demands a physical, dynamic and fast-flowing practice to loosen the body and help you burn off adrenal glands, which will simply get you fired up and may not complement an already demanding schedule. You still want a strong practice, but one that helps to balance and maintain your wellness. By choosing a slower practice and changing the focus from doing to being, you may feel some of yoga’s profound benefits as it starts to work on a parasympathetic level.
Tune in to your breath and how your body is breathing and you’ll start to feel more grounded, while awareness areas of the brain light up, heart rate goes down, brain activity gets quieter and emotions are more balanced.
Over time, this means less of the stress hormone cortisol, which can accelerate ageing, and you may even find challenges in daily life easier to manage.
11. Halt hair ageing. Greys, dryness and lack of shine can all mean your hair is struggling with AGE. Please invest in a good shampoo like herb ones, Oils silicone-free to smooth end and add shine. These oils, will nourish hair, seal ends and de-frizz. Choose those with plant extracts and natural oils only.
12. Sculpt your face. If you buy one thing to enhance your graceful-ageing efforts, make it the Lift&Sculpt Butterfly Stone – you can order online. By using the contours of the rose quartz stone, you can massage and sculpt your jawline and cheek, drain away puffiness from under your eyes, lift eyebrows and help smooth away fine lines and wrinkles – WOW. It’s natural, simple and you can see the effects instantly. This product is LOVED by A Listers including Jennifer Aniston and Linda Evangelista. Its the most natural and easiest tool to use and was created by Georgia Louise.
Please start today!
Happy Healthy Monday Everybody!!!!
Wow what an eventful Week and Weekend!!!
Can you believe it has been 2.5 since we welcomed 2016? We already said goodbye to the Winter and are just welcoming Spring…and because everything flies – not just the time – i decided to dedicate this Monday post to AGING!!
But what is Aging after all?!? In the broadest sense, aging reflects all the changes that occur over the course of life. You grow. You develop. You reach maturity. By middle age, another candle seems to fill up the top of the birthday cake. It’s hard not to notice some harmless cosmetic changes like gray hair and wrinkles. Middle age also is the time when people begin to notice a fair amount of physical decline. Even the most athletically fit cannot escape these changes. Everything ages….and you can’t escape to this…What you can do tho is reverse the ageing process – naturally.
Are you suffering from premature thin hair, fine lines, dry hands, and other sure signs of aging?
Discover five all-natural, expert-endorsed ways to reverse aging symptoms yourself, using products you already have around the house and other simple hacks. There are plenty of DIY methods to naturally reverse aging indicators and appear younger. Yeyyyyy!!!!!
Remember, a healthy, active lifestyle is the most important action you can take on a daily basis to appear younger.Reducing stress, moving on a regular basis, and eating a well-balanced diet are some of the most powerful ways to appear years younger on the inside and out.
1. Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles. In many cases, fine lines aren’t just caused by sun exposure, a poor diet, or genetics. According to Dermatologist Dr. Nicholas Perricone, wrinkles can be a sign of prolonged exhaustion. A lack of sleep produces an excess of the hormone cortisol, which can cause belly fat and break down skin cells. Commit to getting 8 hours of solid rest on a daily basis and reduce your cortisol levels, which will help restore the youthful appearance of your skin. Make sure you are also drinking enough water to both avoid dehydration and improve the skin’s appearance.
2. Combat Thinning Hair. Many women’s hair naturally thins as they get older. According to Dr. Robert Leonard, around 50 percent of women have noticeably thinner hair by the age of 50. Genetics is a primary driver, but excessive chemical processing, overzealous brushing and hormone imbalances can also make your hair appear older. A scalp massage can increase blood flow, which may temporarily cause an infusion of nutrients to your hair follicles. The technique is used in cultures worldwide to maintain hair health, and it can be performed daily.
To increase blood flow, the next time you shampoo your hair in the shower, simply gently massage your entire head with coconut oil or olive oil for a few minutes before you turn the water on.
While this hack can be performed anywhere, you’ll probably prefer to shower out the oil immediately. A healthy diet and supplementation regimen that includes leafy greens, iron, biotin, and zinc can also improve your hair’s health.
3. Reduce Eye Redness. Bloodshot eyes can be caused from long hours of electronics usage, allergies, or a poor diet. According to Nutritionist Kimberly Snyder, a diet high in inflammatory foods can cause your eyes to appear red. To reduce this and other potential signs of inflammation, eat a diet that’s high in antioxidants. Make sure you include A these antioxidant-rich foods in your diet: Sweet Potatoes, Almonds and Walnuts, Cucumbers and Garlic.
4. Moisturise Dry Hands. Many women invest in high-quality moisturizers for their face, under their eyes, and for their neck, but women often forget to invest in a quality hand moisturizer. According to Dermatologic Surgeon Dr. Eric Bernstein, the skin on the hands is particularly delicate. Aging can manifest quickly in the form of thin-looking skin, dark spots, and highly visible veins. Dr. Bernstein recommends:
investing in a high-quality hand lotion and making a commitment to applying it daily.
If you hate the feeling of “slimy” hands, apply hand lotion before you go to bed instead of during the day.
5. Whiten Dark Teeth. Yellow teeth can make you appear older and less healthy. A vibrant, healthy smile can be the most appealing and noticeable part of your face. At-home teeth bleaching kits can actually be a risky choice to reverse aging symptoms in your mouth. Dentist Jaklin Bezik writes that home bleaching kits can erode your teeth enamel and irritate your gums, which can cause discomfort and even damage to your mouth.
I have learn in one of my Yoga and Wellness workshops in Hong Kong that oil pulling – as an all-natural way to whiten your smile, that daily oil pulling (an ancient Ayurvedic practice that reportedly removes toxins and bacteria) can have a noticeable impact on oral health. Try swishing cold pressed coconut oil or another all-natural oil like sesame oil in your mouth for 20 minutes a day. Aim for 5 minutes first and then work upward. Just remember NOT to swallow the oil guys ;))
If you’ve noticed drastic changes in your skin, hair, or oral health, it’s always wise to consult with your physician. Sudden changes and signs of premature aging can be symptoms of underlying health conditions. However, if you’re healthy, DIY beauty practices, regular exercise, and a good diet can make you appear years younger than your true age.
Take good care of yourself
Beautiful ageless skin
When it comes to anti-ageing, we all know the importance of a good skincare regime – but beauty is more than skin deep. It starts with the very foundations of your face…the muscles.
There are over 50 muscles in the facial area including the mimic muscles and chewing muscles on both halves of the face. These muscles get tense and tighten or weaken and get flabby like any other parts of the body.
Lines and creases on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth get more visible and increase in number, facial volume decreases and features sag.
Through facial exercise, you can treat these and many other muscle-based health problems and age related changes in the facial region.
Physioterapist Leena Kiviluoma created a program for the muscles and facial area called MimiLift Facial MuscleCare which is a medical based system which allows you to become actively involved in your won health and beauty care, giving you control over your won body.
This program, consists of precise stretching and massage techniques and relaxing and strengthening exercises aimed at the mimic and chewing muscles.
The exercises not only tone your face, but also make your jaw healthier and reduce headaches.
“As well as these exercises, stay out of the sun and have a good skincare routine to age-proof your face. Stick to preservative-free natural creams for a fresher, more youthful complexion!“
- Perform the procedures at firts 4-6 times a week, once or twice a day – you can do them whenever
- After a few weeks, having achieved results, maintain doing it for at least 2-4 times a week
- Perform the exercises slowly, carefully, smoothly and evenly
- Concentrate on creating controlled, well coordinated and fluent jaw movements
- Maintain a good upper body posture with the head well-aligned when doing the exercises
- Focus on your jaw and your neck…Keep them relaxed
- When performing manual resistance exercises, apply just a gentle and light resistance with your fingers
- Repeat each exercise the recommended number of times. You can increase the repetitions if you want
- All exercises should be painless.